Knowing what to write in a coworkers retirement card can be tricky. It's a major turning point in his or her life and you want to show respect, though you may not know your coworker all that well. Here are a few basic messages that should get you through.
- Thank you for all your dedication and hard work over the years, now go have some fun, you've earned it!
- This office won't be the same without you and your dedication/skills/enthusiasm/professionalism (pick one or two), you will be sorely missed.
- I'll miss seeing your face here in the office, but I'm excited your future adventures/projects.
- I wish you a most wonderful retirement and hope you enjoy being your own boss from now on!
- Wishing you a long, happy, fun retirement!
- You have been a pleasure to work with, and your shoes will not be filled easily.
- It helps to know a little something of the retiree's hobbies and passions so you can mention that in the card seeing as he or she will probably be devoting more time/energy to those things now.
- Sometimes it's helpful to keep things light with a joke, but keep in mind that retirement can be a difficult life transition for some people so try to be respectful to folks in that state.
Need some more ideas of what to write in someone's retirement card? Check out Inspirational Quotes for a Coworkers Retirement Card