Thursday, December 5, 2013

What to Write in a Thank You Card for a Job Interview: Tips + Example


So you recently had a job interview, it's a wise idea to send a follow-up thank-you card to show your appreciation and continued interest in the position. But what should you write? Here are the basic points you need to cover in your thank-you note: 

Tips:
  • Express your gratitude at being offered the opportunity to interview for said position.
  • Communicate your continued interest in the position and the opportunity to work in that workplace.
  • Briefly summarize the strengths you bring to the position. Just a few sentences to highlight what you bring to the table.
  • Offer to answer any other questions they may have for you and include your phone number even if they already have it on an application or resume you've already submitted, make it as simple as possible for them so they don't have to go digging through paperwork to get your number.
  • End with another quick and professional thank-you.
  • Keep the wording of your letter both concise yet friendly.
  • Send the letter promptly, within 24 hours of your interview.
Example Letter: 

Dear Mr./Ms. (Last Name):

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to interview me for the (job type) position open in your department, I am very appreciative for the opportunity.

I believe that my skills and experience make me an excellent fit for this position. I possess a strong attention to detail, learn new tasks easily, and I'm sure that I would make a strong addition to your team.

I am still very interested in this position after discussing the roles and responsibilities it entails, and I believe that they are a good match for my own achievements and aspirations. If you need any additional information, please feel free to call me at your convenience, (555) 555-5555.

Thanks again for your consideration.

Sincerely,
X
 

No comments:

Post a Comment